It seems that there is nothing cheap these days, including car repairs. This is one reason why our vehicles should be taken care of, to prevent them from breaking down. You can surely avoid the high cost of body and engine repairs because they will be serving you for long periods. There are some preventive maintenance tips that you can follow to make your car consistently good in quality and performance. They will also be safe today and in the future.
Read the car's manual
The owner's manual that comes with your car shouldn't be left in the glove compartment, unread. That booklet should be preused, because it contains a lot of important information inside, from using important functions to recommended maintenance schedules. If you ever need to know how a certain part works or when to change filters or fluids, the first place to find the answers is your car manual.
Change the air filters as necessary
Air filters prevent scattered pieces of waste in the air from entering your car engine. Fuel and oil filters catch corrosive matter that settle at the bottom of liquids. If your air filter is dirty, it can hinder or impede gas mileage and can also cause poor acceleration. The frequency of changing air filters also depend on the environment, where the car is often driven. The owner's manual also has guidelines on when the air filter should be changed. While it is not always a set schedule, it can be a guide to the car owner.
Check the fluids
The fluids referred to here are the engine oil, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, radiator coolant, power steering fluid and brake fluids that need to be replaced periodically. It is of vital importance that you check the levels of these fluids between services. This can make you aware of small problems that can turn into major ones, if not remedied at once. Fluids should be monitored once every two weeks.
Always check your brake pad thickness
Never let the pads to be damaged by long and hard use. If they get worn down to metal, this may prevent your vehicle from making a quick stop. This is dangerous for the driver and passengers, as well as the car. When brake pads become thin, this may damage the rotors and calipers, which are more costly to replace than the pads. So make it a habit to always observe and track the thickness of your brake pads over a period of time.
Take care of the tires
The tires connect your car directly to the road, so it is very important to always check the condition and air pressure of the vehicle tires regularly. Rotate the tires to lessen uneven wear and tear on the thread and keep them inflated. This can help improve their efficiency and safety on the road. Well maintained tires last longer.
Wash your car
Keeping your car exterior and interior clean, will give it a good appearance and keep its resale value, when you decide to sell it in the future. Washing or detailing your car especially during winter can prevent it from getting damaged by road salt, sea ice, thick soft wet mud and anything that can cause rust that eat holes in the metal.
Utilize a portable car umbrella
- With Lanmodo portable car umbrella, your car will get the required protection whole year round. All vehicles need protection from the elements, both natural and man-made that can damage the paint work. If you do not have the option of a private garage, the next best thing would be using a portable car umbrella by Lanmodo.
- The intense heat of the sun during summer can affect the car's interior and exterior that will impair its value, usefulness and normal functions. Using a Lanmodo mobile car umbrella will prevent the UV rays from damaging your car. Likewise in other seasons of the year, when there is so much snow, hail, storm and winds, you can count on this product to give you the needed shield. Your car will not get covered by snow and ice if you use the Lanmodo car umbrella.
- Built with a folding structure, this product is made portable that you can take around with you, anywhere and use whenever you need it. It has a very compact size when folded, so it will fit in any car trunk for storage.
- The Lanmodo portable car umbrella is user friendly, too. It can be set up in 30 seconds with a simple click on your remote device. Folding and unfolding in 8 seconds for each operation, this mobile car umbrella can make your life convenient.
- Other features of the product include anti-theft mechanism, high grade fiberglass and 210D oxford fabric and multifunctional. No other car umbrella can serve so many functions, as this car umbrella by Lanmodo.