The harmful UV rays of the sun isn't the only element that can damage your car. Snow and hail are also notorious for bringing troubles to car owners. Sometimes they are even more damaging, especially if you don't have any idea how to deal with these forces of nature. If you think that a snowstorm or a hail storm is coming to your area, you have to prepare for your car. In this article, you will know the damage that snow and hail can do to the different parts of your car, as well as how you can prevent them from happening.
How To Protect Windshields
If you don't have a garage or a carport where you can park and protect your car, you'll have no choice but to park your car outside. Without protection, your car will be vulnerable to snow. This results in your car being buried in a mountain of snow the next day. And it's not just annoying to dig up your car, but it also damages the windshield. In some cases where the snow build-up is too heavy, the windshield might suffer from cracks. Meanwhile, hail causes ice in a form of tiny pebbles to fall from the sky. This, without a doubt, can cause dents or cracks to your car.
- The best thing to do for both of these weather conditions is to find a covered area where you can park your car. However, if you don't have that, you can place a towel or a blanket on top of your car and make sure that it covers your windshield.
- Make sure to have a regular check of the windshields, because the whole window may be broken after hail if there is already a crack. Go to the nearest car expert or service provider to get your automobile checked; they will be able to check if there are damages s that you cannot see.
How To Protect Car Body?
Aside from your windshield, the car body is also susceptible to damages caused by snow and hail. They cause dents in the car, especially in the hood, which can depreciate the value of your car. On the other hand, loose paint and rust is another problem brought by these weather conditions. Knowing how to deal with the problems caused by snow and hail to your car is important. But prevention is always better than cure. Finding a way to prevent all these problems is going to save you a lot of money, effort, and time. If you don't have a car garage or carport, you can get a snow shelter for a car.
- Rust eats away the metal of your car: make sure to bring your car to an expert immediately so they can remove all the rust. You should also wash and wax the car regularly.
- A good hail-proof car shelter that you should check out is Lanmodo. It's the world's first automatic car tent. It's portable and acts as a shield for your car. It's really easy to install: all you have to do is to put it on top of your car's roof and use the remote control to open the car tent. Lanmodo snow-proof car shelter is strong enough to handle winds of 30 Mph as well as snow and hail.
How To Protect Car Tires?
The car tires may not work well in snow and hail weather. After a snow or hail storm, the roads are very slippery so it's going to be difficult for you to drive around. If your tires are not in the best condition, it will be extra dangerous because your tires may have less grip of the road.
- Always check your tire pressure and adjust it if needed. Using winter tires is also recommendable for such kind of season. By ensuring that your tires are in great condition, you'll also ensure safe driving.