California, also known as Golden state, is packed with destinations that kids and teens would love to visit. From amusing theme parks to exciting celebrity spots, California offers golden opportunity to enjoy several enthralling activities as a family. The state also comprises picturesque snow-capped mountains, soothing beaches, deserts, exhilarating massive cities, and quaint towns. The state has numerous destinations that are worth perceiving once in a lifetime. Listed below are a few Family-Friendly activities that you can perform in California and create delightful memories with your spouse and kids.
1. Road trips
One of the finest family-friendly activities to get to know the culture of a certain state is to go on a Road Trip. The most famous route is Highway 1 which consists of many spectacular places to visit. You would be able to perceive soothing waterfall, awe-inspiring mountain terrain, and numerous wineries. Some of the classic road trips are listed below, making it easy for you to decide.
- The Pacific Coast Highway: This 600-mile route is known to be the most beautiful route in the USA. It is recommended to start your excursion from San Francisco and move south to San Diego. The landscape would change from rocky coasts to magnificent Golden Beaches.
- Lake Tahoe to Yosemite National Park: During winters, Lake Tahoe, serves as a platform to play snow sports, however, in summers the same lake provides visitors an opportunity to paddle boat. You can spend some time at the lake before hitting the roads. This 215 miles route will further exhibit you some of Yosemite's gorgeous sceneries with an option to visit and discover Yosemite valley if you want to.
- Napa Valley's Silverado Trail: Impressive wineries are situated on this historic 29-mile path which was constructed in 1852. It would provide you with a peaceful road trip. You must visit the sophisticated and elite wineries like Mumm Napa and Stags Leap Winery.
- Joshua Tree to Death Valley: This route is for those families that want to discover something unique and extraordinary. The 250-miles road trip from Joshua Tree to Death Valley is full of interesting rock figures, salt flats, sandstone canyons, and colossal sand dunes as both the places consist of desert topography.
- The Rim of the World Scenic Byway: Enjoy the dramatic views during the 117-miles journey along the State Highway 18 route. The cliffs of the San Bernardino mountains, panoramic flowing streams, picturesque Pacific Ocean are some of the highlights of places that you will be able to view while cruising through this route. The route finishes at Big Bear, where you can hike during summers and perform snow sports during winters.
Tips: Before you initiate your road trip you are requested to make certain preparations to avoid any kind of inconvenience during the trip.
- Pack all your belongings according to the requirements. Carry some extra cash for emergency purposes and make sure to take water and edible in a bag to keep the tummies of your kids full during the route.
- Most importantly, get your car examined by a professional mechanic and fix all the wear and tear in the vehicle.
- It is highly advised to install driving assistance devices, like Lanmodo Vast Automotive Night Vision System for the safety of the driver and passengers. The devices like Lanmodo Vast substantially assist in increasing the driver's perception up to 300m during the night or during low light conditions. It helps to clearly view all the potential hazards in front of the car. Moreover, the device is accessible for nearly all the car models and is available at a very affordable price.
2. The Beaches
Planning a day to the beach is an ideal way to unwind yourself and to keep your kids occupied in enthralling activities. Encourage your kids to collect distinct seashells, driftwood, stones, and sea glass along the shore. Let your kids get creative by allowing them to build sandcastles on their own. For your teens, surfing, jet-skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving, rafting, and skimboarding are some of the sensational activities to keep them engaged. Discover the mesmerizing waterfall entering into the ocean at the Point Reyes National Seashore. At Half Moon Bay perceive magnificent tidepools at the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve and watch elephant seals at Ano Nuevo. Heart's Desire Beach, Carmel Beach, Natural Bridges State, La Jolla are some of the family-friendly beaches in California.
3. The Parks
Camp with your family, hike to the top of Half Dome, explore the wildlife and enjoy the waterfall at Yosemite National Park. Crystal Cove State Park includes a beautiful beach, hence opening the doors to countless revitalizing activities to do there. Educate your children about volcanoes and their history at the Lassen Volcanic National Park which consists of mud pots, boiling pool, and volcanic gas vents.
Disneyland in California is known as the happiest place on Earth. It comprises activities to keep toddlers, teens, and adults engaged throughout the day. Enjoy the exciting rides which range from a pleasant boat trip to a white-knuckling roller coaster rides. Meet your favorite Disney characters and see those characters perform the live shows. Watch the amazing Pixar Play Parade and mesmerizing fireworks at night.